For anyone who isn’t the biggest fan of rice pudding, me included, I challenge you to not enjoy this recipe. The rich creaminess from the white chocolate and that slight heat and zing from the stem ginger is a match made in heaven. Serve it with mango and lime and the acidity from the juice just lifts it perfectly!
- 400ml Whole milk
- 200ml Double cream
- 2 balls of Stem ginger, cut into strips
- 200g White chocolate
- 2 tbsp Caster sugar
- 100g Pudding rice
- 1 Mango
- 1 Lime
- Place the milk, cream, ginger, chocolate and sugar in a pan and melt the chocolate over a low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent the bottom catching.
- Add the rice and continue cooking over a low heat until the rice is soft – this will be approximately 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice the mango and combine with the zest and juice of the lime.
- When the rice is done, it should still have some texture but no hard bite. By this time the sauce will be thick and creamy.
- Serve the rice pudding warm, with the mango salsa piled on top.